21 July 2006

San Francisco

So, my sister introduced me to a really great website: www.101cookbooks.com. As I read this blog, I realized that the author is based in San Francisco, where I went for a long weekend. I searched the site for all kinds of places that weren't to be missed, and I wasn't disappointed.
My favorite things (some mentioned on 101, some not):
at The Farmer's Market at the Ferry Building
(for sure Saturday and Tuesday mornings)
dried persimmons: incredible flavor and texture. I'll be craving these!
St.Benoit yogurt: I tasted the Meyer Lemon, the Plum, and the Honey. My favorite was the honey. Delicious, organic, really good for you - - - and it comes in the coolest "crock". YUM.
Blue Bottle Coffee Company: I'm really a pansy when it comes to coffee. I like it strong, but I also love it to have cream and sugar (none of that fat free milk for me, thank you). I tried their New Orleans Style iced coffee - - - honestly one of the best coffees I've ever had! Just right on the sweetness, smooooooth, and creamy (but not too creamy). My friend P got a free drip coffee with her purchase for her father, and since she's off the coffee train, I tried it. I'm not typically a drip girl, but this was awesome. Again, it was soooo smooth and just right.
Cowgirl Creamery: Wonderful cheeses - - -some of which I've never heard of. Just go in
and taste what you like. Venture out a bit, you may be surprised!
Fruit: At the farmer's market, I had the BEST fruit I've ever tasted. Wonderful figs, incredible nectarines, peaches, etc. The problem with fruit in Texas is that if it's not grown here, it's packed way before it's ripe. We have good peaches and blueberries here, but nothing compares to the nectarine that I had. Drippy, juicy, sweet, and succulent. YUM.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home